Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mac OSX 10.5.3 update on my X60

Almost a week without posting... but now I'm back with some info about MacOSX.

Because I want do do some iPhone applications development on my X60, I need the latest version of the Mac OSX (10.5.3) to install the newest SDK.

So without further ado I got two 10.5.3 updates:
  1. kalyway_10.5.3_ComboUpdate
  2. JaS OsX86 10.5.3 Intel SSE3 Combo Update + SMB Fix
Since my original OS was also a Kalyway, I decided to go first with the update number #1.

The install process looked really ok, I just had to choose a kernel... and didn't know what to choose... so I went with "whatever" option... and after I got it installed... I rebooted...

and saw a blue screen... nothing more. Couldn't get it to work...

As unpatient as I am, I decided install Mac OSX again and now to go with the solution #2



It worked! I installed both the new OSX and the share-fix... and I saw this screen:



Now. After the reboot the system kept on working. So this is good news!

Now the bad news. Some stuff doesn't work, although it did work on the 10.5.2...

Altogether lots of things don't work, here's the list:
  • No wireless (Intel 3945 ABG card...)
  • No standby (after I want to bring it back - I get an error: "Error 0192: System Security...")
  • USB doesn't work as it should (pen drives won't get accepted)
  • No battery/ACPI support so my tablet is really battery hungry when on OSX
  • No Tablet functionality as of yet...
Over the next few days I'll try to get some of this working... wish me luck!

3 comments:

Sparta said...

Hi Marc O.

I have both an X60 and X61t and just got interested in accomplishing what you began attempting with triple-booting after I upgraded to a roomier hard drive.

Would you happen to have any new updates that you have not yet posted in your blog? I would be interested in knowing any progress you've made so far.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

家弘 said...

hello~來拜訪你囉~部落格很棒^^!......................................................................

Unknown said...

Mac is definitely a cutting edge technology. Its brilliance has always led other companies to run after their invention...thanks